Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Still here

So the due date is here but the baby is not. I'm okay with that.

The heat is crazy here. It was 106 today. We decided to head to IKEA for dinner and playtime. It's a great place for kids to unwind and play and then get ice cream cones at the end. Then we headed over to a friends house to swim. It was refreshing and a good distraction from trying to pass the time until this little boy arrives.

That's where our little family is at. Just waiting and hanging out enjoying our family of four until we become a family of five.

I'll keep you all posted when the first sign of labor begins.

7 comments:

Cutzi said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy your day and relax a bit, Kate. I wish we had an Ikea closer - that would have been better than McDonald's. But hey, I'm not gonna complain - it had A/C.

And oh how I love to hear that - family of 5. Hard to believe we're there too!

Jodi said...

I'm so glad your house has A/C! I couldn't bear the thought of you laboring in this heat without it. I can't wait to hold that little boy!

Julie said...

I have two cousins due in the next week or so also - I feel SO bad for all of you who are at the end in this heat!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Yeah! I am excited to hear!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of love and prayers for you all..cant wait to see all 5 of you in a few weeks.

Jenny

Emily said...

Did you leave IKEA with more than ice cream cones? I went tonight and left with almost $60 worth of must-have items.

kate said...

ha ha emily! No we managed to just leave with dinner and an ice cream cone. But it sure was fun there. I'm thinking it may be our destination tomorrow night.