Monday, March 29, 2010

Smokin' recipe

I have been craving these every week. No joke, i could eat the entire amount.

My friend Willow passed this onto me and I have no idea where it originated. I still love my Asian Turkey wraps, but these have a different flavor.

Asian Chicken Lettuce wraps

1 head bibb lettuce
3 TB Hoisin
2 TB Soy sauce
2 TB Water
5 garlic cloves
2 tsp fresh ginger
2 tsp + 2 TB of peanut oil
1 lb ground chicken
5 green onions
(you can also add water chestnuts, but I'm not a huge fan)
peanuts

1. whisk hoisin, soy and water, set aside
2. mix garlic, ginger, and green onions, and 1 TB peanut oil
3. heat 1 tbls peanut oil and cook chicken
4. remove chicken and heat remaining 1 tsp oil, add garlic mixture. cook for 30 seconds
5. add back in chicken (and water chestnuts and peanuts) and add sauce.
6. cook until heated through.

We serve these with rice and bean sprouts and peanut sauce. I love cutzi's peanut sauce but when I was at a Thai restaurant the other day I asked the lady what she put in her's (it was delicious) and she mixes with coconut milk instead of water. I think I'm going to experiment. Until then, ENJOY!!!

0 comments: