Monday, June 18, 2007

My first public trantrum

Yep, that's right, my first public tantrum.

So Dave is sick with strep throat. I'm praying every minute that I don't get it because I can't imagine where I would find time to rest. That's another subject...anyway.

He went to the doctor this morning and I had my weigh in at WW. I figured I would bring the girls and not stay for the meeting. In and out - 10 minutes.

Upon arriving to WW the store next door had about 1000 balloons around. Those who know Eloise know that she is a balloon freak. She can spot one 100 yards away in a store and yell balloon until she is able to get one. When her quest for one has ended with no balloon she has handled it quite well. NOT TODAY!

So on our way out she ran towards the balloons and I told her we couldn't have one. She threw herself onto the ground and proceeded to scream and cry. I choose this time to relax and hope that she would walk towards the car. Thankfully she did....screaming! And she screamed the entire trip home.

I am at loss. What do you do for public tantrums?


RachelC said...

There's not a whole lot you can do. You certainly did the right thing by just going home. Any other parent knew exactly what you were going through.

I am looking forward to reading more of your blogs... gives a little more insight than on BW.

Cutzi said...

Thankfully, we have only had one public far. I, unfortunately, was not as wise as you and opted against "do not pass go. Go directly home (as fast as you can)" Instead, I attempted to discipline him in the car and go back into the store where a lady from our church stopped and talked to me while Steele was clinging to my ankles screaming. I then took him to the car again and disciplined him....again.

Had I learned my lesson? Oh no, I decided to drag my screaming son to the produce stand where I had to again take him to the car and discipline him.

You'd think I might have had a little clue to the day's forthcoming events since he had been crying for about 1/2 hour after waking from his nap. This all before we even left the house.

I have learned my lesson though. Thanks for sharing - just had to comment on it.