Saturday, April 5, 2008

Close but not quite

So I'd been hearing snip-it's of "man is pregnant" stories. Frankly, I don't get an opportunity to watch the news. I'm too busy singing along to Little Einstein's and yelling out "Oh, Toodles" when Mickey needs a mystery-mouse-ca-tool. So the thought of searching out this, most likely false, story of a man being pregnant, was not high on my to-do list.

Tonight while Dave and I were watching TV the previews for the news brought it up again. I asked Dave what it was all about. Was it a hoax? No, apparently this is a man that used to be a women. OH, SO IT IS A HOAX! He has girl parts. That doesn't count.

After google-ing this story I got to the bottom. This man has been a woman for 20 some years. This is ridiculous. When a sports watching, sex-starved, how-do-i-get-out-of-changing diapers, father of 2 gets pregnant. THEN a man has gotten pregnant. But until then, women still hold the cards in this department. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be great for men to experience heartburn, constant trips to the bathroom, nausea, mood swings, back pain, swelling feet, stretch marks, and random food cravings. But it just isn't physically possible, so don't tease me with the idea that someone has come up with a way for it to happen. I'm embarrassed to be from Oregon.

6 comments:

McMommy said...

Ewww!!! This story grosses me out to no end. I have been trying NOT to follow it. But then a picture of him/her is staring me in the face on PerezHilton!! It just creeps me out.

Angela said...

How is the "father"--how did the spermy get in there? Did you find out in your extensive research?

Angela said...

I meant to type "WHO is the father?"

amanda said...

must admit i did watch the story on oprah...and i love the way you sum it up. girl parts doesn't equal first man with child :)

ps - sorry i posted the wrong comment on my site - i am not smart. promise i will get smarter.

TcH said...

The whole thing, personally makes me sick. And also SAD what our world is/has come to. :- (

kate said...

ang - the "father", artificial insemination. All I know is that during the sex change, hormones and breasts were removed. "He" has since stopped taking the hormones. So still has a uterus.

it is sad. I heard a woman commentator say that she wished more men would do this. What?!? HE's not a man. I got really steamed.

amanda - you're smart! take a bit to get the hang of it