Tuesday, April 8, 2008

ughhh

After that wonderful night of sleep, I experienced the worst night of sleep. Lily coughed from 11:45 p.m. to 3 a.m. And don't think I didn't give her every type of medicine possible to knock her out. I even gave her something I don't think I should have. She's okay today, don't worry, no lasting damage.

Well after coughfest, Eloise woke at 5:15 crying. Then Lily coughed again around5:30 and they were both up for the day at 6:30. So if we're doing our math right, that means I operated the day on 2 hours of sleep. And I even drove to my parents (2 1/2 hrs away).

We are headed out on a girls vacation to Bellingham b/c Dave is "supposedly" going to win all this money in Reno on his annual guys trip. I think his words were, "I want to take alot of money, so I don't have to gamble it all". Hmmmm.....don't think you are coming back with any, honey.

So we walked in the door to my parents and I handed off the girl's to my mom. They really don't want me when we're here anyway. I become 2nd in line to "nanny". No make that 3rd, there's Mimi, the cat.

Pray for our travels, safety, health, and mostly a relaxed and easy going mommy. (I tend to get a little crazy about schedule).

6 comments:

amanda said...

sending lots of happy thoughts and prayers for a healthy and relaxing trip :)

and maybe a little more sleep!!

AnonyMe said...

Kate,
Now it is time to relax and make up for all of that lost sleep! Let Nanny and Mimi be incharge! :)

McMommy said...

I love how you tried every cough remedy, even one "that I don't think I should have"...Now that's a true two-time mom! We aren't afraid. :)

McMommy said...

I tagged you for a meme....hope you aren't too sleep-deprived to play along! I understand if you are though :)

Stop by my blog to check the details out...

aimee said...

I am here in Portland until Friday, can we hang out??

kate said...

aimee - yes yes yes, e-mail me
theahls@gmail.com